Thread: twin turbo 5.3 dbw termX tandum with stock pcm going wot i get limp mode

Potential Tuner

Thumbs down twin turbo 5.3 dbw termX tandum with stock pcm going wot i get limp mode

truck is a 07 Tahoe with stock long block and a mild cam. had twin 61mm turbos, Holley hi rise, stock tb and otherwise stock. it has the stock pcm powering all the bcms and stock computer stuff. the terminator is controlling the motor and trans. wondering if i have a issue with the tb? terminator? or is it something in the stock pcm i overlooked. looking for help.

So, I didn't install the terminator x unfortunately. now i wish i had... traded out some work with a friend. all is well when i drive it. if i roll into the throttle it is fine going wot. if i go wot without delay from no throttle it will pull for a portion of first just long enough for it to start making boost and it falls on its face. throttle sticks at 20% and i have a dead petal. if i reset the stock pcm and crank it up again its fine. no clue why its doing this as stock pcm to my knowledge cant even see the tsp. i logged with hp and its tps value is at 100 all the time. i just now disabled p1516 and haven't had time to flash or see if that's it yet.

Disable the P1516 and the abuse mode in the engine TM tab.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Disable the P1516 and the abuse mode in the engine TM tab.
    so far that was the fix. i was also advised to not zero out the abuse tables i set them to the max allowed value and disabled the p1516 code and it hasnt happened again. thanks for all the help and maybe this will help someone some day.

Potential Tuner
    nevermind it did it again. not sure what to do. i have read about a host of reasons this can happed from tb flutter to the built in safetys in term x with dbw stuff... not sure where to start or just prepare for this to be drawn out and start at the top of the list and work my way down....

Tuner in Training
    Is your term x controlling the TB? If so why not just have the stock ECU power another dummy TB and call it a day.

Tuner in Training
    It's the DBW. Can't split that signal from both pedal or tb.

Unfortunately I knew it was an issue on like e67. But now I have to assume it's for all DBW stock combos. It just can't be driven, freaks out.

I'm on here to look for any info on a can out throttle signal.... But all I know of is the lingenfelter boxes. I am leaning towards holley 543-112. But no idea how oem DBW create signal... if it is motor based, magnetic on the tb it's self, or something. Honestly have never really looked into DBW signal stuff.

Tuner in Training
    But yeah I'm in the same boat. Trying to do something similar, but I need tps for trans control.

Potential Tuner
    sooo anyone have any insight on how this can work? sucks having twin turbos and i cant go wot.

Tuner in Training
    Few different ways. Can hook up a mechanical style TPS sensor to the oem tb. Or get another OEM pedal assembly and link it to your original pedal, just make sure it works with the holley, unless you don't have a max. Or you can use some kind of potentiometer mounted to pedal to input a tps signal.

Potential Tuner
    You feel i have a bad petal singal? ill check voltage on that today if i get time and report back.