Thread: Troubleshooting Pesky CEL

Tuner in Training

Question Troubleshooting Pesky CEL

Hello forum members,

Hopefully someone can provide some insight on this very annoying code my car (2008 Chrysler 300C Heritage Edition) keeps throwing. I've narrowed it down finally to what exactly triggers the code.

On to the good stuff, or bad stuff in this matter. The code is P0614 Incompatible PCM/TCM. I've done as much research as I can and couldn't come up with a permanent fix.

I flashed my car back to the 100% factory stock tune. Flashing goes okay, and I've even tried different cords and ports. Still no luck. I then cleared the code using a method I discovered a while back. To get the code to show up, I start the car, drive around, turn it off, and then use the remote start. Then it shows up, the car idles for like 10 seconds and cuts off automatically. I'm not sure how or why the remote start would cause the car to do this, but after getting the code cleared, starting the car with the key in the ignition, no code shows up. The car runs as expected with tuning, but the remote start being a no go is driving me nuts. Especially that winter is upon us.

Any guidance or advice you may have is appreciated. As far as any mods go, none, car is completely stock except for rims/wheels.

Tuner in Training
    Update:

Probably not the best/permanent fix, but I found the CEL code in the Trans Diag menu. After I disabled SES and MIL, it stopped showing up. I was then able to use all of the features of the car, remote start, including.

Hi!
    I have the same problem, same car. Did you find an other solution than disabled SES and MIL?