Thread: Magnuson base tune from RTD unit

Tuner in Training

Magnuson base tune from RTD unit

Just ordered a Magnuson kit for my 2017 Challenger R/T. The base tune for this is supposed to be on one of the RTD units. The salesman claimed that Magnuson has their tunes locked. Now I haven't received the unit yet to verify this, so I am curious to see if anyone has experienced this or not.
    I had intended to use their base tune and modify it to suit my needs with my full MPVI unit.

The car is basically factory, so while their base tune would be mostly fine, not being able to see what they have done concerns me should I need to deal with any drivability issues.

Is there anyone with experience with this? Any insight or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Tuner in Training
    When I got my Magnuson TVS2300 they gave me an SCT Hand Held programmer. I was able to upload that tune into the truck and pull it down with VCMEditor. Just checked Magnusons website and it looks like they are giving you an HPTuners setup.

I will tell you that the tune they gave me for my truck was bad...truck was drive-able but barely. There were functionality issues that I would not have ran very long on. I had to use their tune long enough to get the truck to my tuner who also dyno'd it while tuning. I would not trust the Magnuson tune, but who knows maybe they did a better job on the Challenger....good luck

Tuner in Training
    How long ago are we talking?

Tuner in Training
    Magnuson revision 1.14.21.hpt

Good base tune to start with on a Magnuson