Thread: 2004 / 2005 Colorado / Canyon

Potential Tuner

2004 / 2005 Colorado / Canyon

I could use some help getting the fuel gauge in my Colorado back to working correctly. I just finished up swapping a 5.3 into my ZQ8, and now the gas gauge does not read correctly and it runs backwards. Gauge empty = full tank / Gauge full = about 1/2 tank. I wanted to see if anyone has a stock tune for a 2004 - 2005 Colorado / Canyon that includes the fuel gauge tab. Every tune I pulled form the HPT repository does not have the fuel gauge tab on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    you need to replace the sending unit with the correct fuel gauge sweep in Ohms to match the ecu. I usually go to the junk yard or order pull the sending unit for the vehicle that matches the car and measure the ohm reading at all the way down (empty) and all the way up (full). The floats come on metal rods and can usually be rigged up for swaps pretty easily. i have even made custom ones using universal floats and rods to bend my own custom level sensor float. Example of classic car float ranges below.
    Old School Ohm Sweep Rates.JPG
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 11-08-2020 at 08:16 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman