Thread: What the Activation Function do....?

What the Activation Function do....?

Under Network there is an Activation Function.

Discription says there is another half in negative.

What happens, if the values are set to 0 ? - Fallback to VE ? What does the activation values stands for?

Here's a video about activation functions and their purpose in a neural network.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0pIlLfpXWE

If you change the activation function or the values that represent it, it'll change (likely drastically) the output of the model given the same set of inputs. If you want to use a different activation function in a NN, you'd have to retrain the NN to come up with new weights/bias values that provide an output that closely resembles your training set. The model probably won't be as accurate as I feel the activation function chosen for our application is most appropriate.

If you're interested in learning more, perhaps this introduction video will help you get started on the concepts at play for a neural networks. There's quite a bit of math, data science concepts, and programming involved to "change" the neural network. In reality, you don't just manipulate the final values that were derived but you go through a process of training based on a training set of data using concepts like gradient descent and back propagation. Through training, that's how you derive new weights and biases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfmFfD2RIcg

good explanation ...its like a puzzle to me.
    Do you know if it makes sense to put in the values from a 6.4 to a 5.7 when changed the cam to the 6.4 or let it learn by itself.
    Or if its possible at all for the pcm, because the 6.4 has more neurons....

As far as I know, all Dodge/FCA vehicles have the same activation function and we don't recommend changing it. Doing so can result in unpredictable behaviors in the neural network.

I dont want to touch it, I want to know for what function it is.
    And I ask myself, if Dodge has an emission control in the ANN that steals power...

The activation function is something that's part of almost any neural network, not just the FCA/Dodge NN. zhc's explanation of the activation function was pretty good and probably as good as it can be without diving deep into how neural networks work.