Thread: Chevy ss spark issues under boost

Tuner in Training

Chevy ss spark issues under boost

ok so i am attempting to log for fuel tuning and i keep getting this spark issue under boost. I recently switched to the 2bar patch and i wasn't having the issue before i switched over.

The issue is that timing drops in the negatives whenever i get into the higher kpas and im not sure why. i posted my log and my tune. (i know my fuel map is a mess)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Your IAT Spark chart is pulling a lot of timing. When you are at 5000 rpm, your iat was 124 degrees and in the chart, it is pulling 6 degrees. Is that what you are talking about? Under Power Enrichment, Boost enrichment, you are commanding 1.00. That should be 1.27 or something close. Make your map enable 85kpa instead of 15. I didn't check your pedal enable. Your boost eq error shows rich, but it may not be after you change the chart to 1.27. If that's an auto trans, then torque mgt is pulling timing for the shift.
    Last edited by Lakegoat; 11-06-2020 at 08:33 AM.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    thanks alot!!! I zerod out my IAT tables. Also i made the changes to my be settings like you said i helped a little but something is still pulling my timing back. thought if my ve tables are just way to high could that do it??

Senior Tuner
    Not sure about 0'ing your entire IAT table is a good idea.

To help find your fault add every possible spark PID to your scanner channel list temporarily until it is sorted. Also add every TCS and torque management related PID. Overkill I know, but that should tell you where it is coming from.

Did you read the part about torque reduction for trans shifting?
    I hope you are confident in your timing to 0 out the iat table.

If you want to check the torque spark real quick, Go to Spark--Advance--Minimum Spark--torque mgt and make the -20 cells all 5 degrees---not -5 but 5. Go easy on the gas in case it shifts too hard.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    Did you read the part about torque reduction for trans shifting?
    I hope you are confident in your timing to 0 out the iat table.
    i did that just to see if that was the issue i put it back

also i have a man trans do you think the torque reduction for shifting will still be the issue?

Tuner in Training
    ok i am gonna try to log everything i can!!! thanks again ill keep you guys posted.

Tuner in Training
    ok so i logged it and i have a "spark torque management type" pid and it goes to "ETC crv" when it kills my spark. Im gonna do some hunting around....

Also could i go back to the non patched version if i have the file???
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    awesome guys!!!!! thank so much for all your help!!! my issue was in the torque mgmt tab. All gears were still set to factory tq numbers!!!