Thread: Help needed for a first time tuner

Tuner in Training

Help needed for a first time tuner

I am tuning a 2014 5.7 Charger pursuit with a Comp HRT stage 2 cam, Doug Thorley tri-y headers, Hand ported heads(mostly on the exhaust side to match the headers), .660 lift capable valve springs (that I am not even close to), and a phase limiter. I have the car drivable, but the fuel mileage is atrocious and even after changing everything I can think of, I can not get it to rev over 5800rpm. I know that it is pulling fuel in large amounts and have scaled the InjPW and Fuel Mass inversely, but it is still quite rich. I would appreciate any help I can get on leaning out the low rpm range and getting the thing to rev beyond the factory rev limit. These are the latest attempt, and the log for it. I will also add the stock tune for comparison purposes.
    I have been studying and trying as many of the ideas posted on the forum as I can, but I'm just not getting there.

mymod04-15torqueraisedshift.hptmymod04-15torqueraisedshiftlog01stilllowshift.hplstock2014chargerpursuit.hpt

mymod04-15torqueraisedshift.hptmymod04-15torqueraisedshiftlog01stilllowshift.hpl

First , with a cam a large as this one you can?t use the inj method for tuning the car you have to turn off ANN and tune the VE table to your liking

As for the limit did you check your transmission shift schedules ? Maybe your limiter is there

Tuner in Training
    I have adjusted the transmission shift schedules in a few different places. I posted the tune file to try to show what I changed.
    The stage 2 cam isn't terribly large, I don't think. I know the problem with ANN, but the benefits of keeping it on are attractive.