Thread: 2020 6.7.

Potential Tuner

2020 6.7.

So I know that HPtuners has supported the TCM via OBD but currently the main form of tuning is using B flash to bench flash the PCMs. There is a pass thru issue of some sort of security between the PCM and OBD. Does anyone know if HP tuners is working on this problem? I'm a self tuner and eventually would like to tune my 2020 but the B flash software/hardware is expensive and needs to be imported.

Potential Tuner
    subed

Banned
    i just use ktag.

Potential Tuner
    I have a bflash if you need something done

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerstrokecustoms View Post
    i just use ktag.
    For the 2020 6.7? For some reason their site doesn?t list it as supported. How hard is it to use?

Banned
    what site? I've flashed a few of them..

KTAG, bFlash, Dimsport transdata etc can all flash MD1CP006
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PSM 6.4 View Post
    KTAG, bFlash, Dimsport transdata etc can all flash MD1CP006
    Now, this ecu can be done with Magic Motorsport Flex

Banned
    better off using ktag or kess..

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerstrokecustoms View Post
    better off using ktag or kess..
    What is Kess. I've researched the current hardware kits Bflash, Dims, Ktag, Magic Flex. What Ktag master kit is needed for the 2020s? I have not yet tuned a 6.7. I just want to be able to tune my own personal 2020. I've only tuned 7.3 powerstrokes to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperchargedPSD View Post
    What is Kess. I've researched the current hardware kits Bflash, Dims, Ktag, Magic Flex. What Ktag master kit is needed for the 2020s? I have not yet tuned a 6.7. I just want to be able to tune my own personal 2020. I've only tuned 7.3 powerstrokes to this point.
    Kess is Alientech OBDII based, flasher.. KTAG is ATs service mode (by pcm front connector), BDM etc based solution..

for 2020-2021 6.7 if you want to buy a alientech branded solution.. you’ll need a KTAG as of this point you can only flash 2020-2021 by front PCM connector.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PSM 6.4 View Post
    Kess is Alientech OBDII based, flasher.. KTAG is ATs service mode (by pcm front connector), BDM etc based solution..

for 2020-2021 6.7 if you want to buy a alientech branded solution.. you’ll need a KTAG as of this point you can only flash 2020-2021 by front PCM connector.
    Thank you. I looked up Ktag already and thanks for the information about Kess. I am aware you can only tune these from the PCM port as I took delivery of my 20 in 19 and have been following along on the tuning development. I have been waiting to see if HP ever cracks the security put in place or finds a work around but from what I read it may be a while.