Thread: 6L80 Mountain Mode

Potential Tuner

6L80 Mountain Mode

I've been looking at the tables for my 6L80, and discovered something in the Tap up/tap down menu call Mountain Mode, mine is disabled. I can't find anybody that will tell me what this feature does. I'm thinking that being in the Tap up/ tap down menu, that it must affect that part of the M position of the gear selector. Has anybody ever tried this? My truck is a 2014 GMC Sierra, it has a towing package, when I look under the two programs listed as A & B , A is in Normal operation, B is in Trailer operation, if I mess with this Mountain Mode, will it screw up the other programs.

Not exactly sure why it is there but Mountain mode is for the Chevy Volt electric. It cuts about 10 miles off the normal electric range of the Volt to expand the battery’s “buffer” zone— the 20-25 percent of charge that’s left after the car switches to gas mode. By engaging Mountain Mode when you take off, you can save those last 10 miles for later use, even if there are no mountains in sight. When you want to go back into electric mode later, you just select Normal; the battery buffer shrinks back to its normal size, and the engine switches off, giving you another 10 miles of gas free driving