Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MPVI2 Standalone Logging

Thought it only worked with MPVI2?

Tuner in Training
    Correct. I have the MVPI2 My error in the text.

Quote Originally Posted by PbFut View Post
    I must be missing a trick or two.
    VCM Scanner 4.9.762 and Firmware 3.1.8 (Alpha Firmware)
    Still can't edit the channel list on the standalone log config and the pro window says "Failed to open interface"
    I can standalone log the default channels and read the logs in the MPVI2 Data Logging window.
    I can open the MPVI2 Pro Data Logging window
    I cannot instruct the interface to log desired channel list.
    Hitting the write Config in the Pro window returns "Failed to open interface" on the status bar.
    Erase, Write and Read Channels in the Standard log window return complete and I can save the logs.
    Read Config and opening the subsequent saved file returns a correct channel list when I open the saved channel config file so it appears the channel configuration at least partially saves on the interface.
    The interface just seems to not follow the config list instruction.
    I opened a ticket and received the Alpha firmware as this thread indicated the Alpha version may correct the issue but no luck. I still have the same issue so I am beginning to think I am doing something wrong.
    I am running VCM Scanner 4.9.762 and Firmware 3.1.8
    Any suggestions for this very new to HPTuner frustrated user.
    Im having issues with it logging the current channels I save to it. It pulls them all up but only 3 or 4 are populated. I sent in a ticket through support but their making me jump through hoops to figure out the issue. Right now they are waiting on me to try logging my parameters in sae instead of DRM to see if the issue still stands. I have yet to be sent the Alpha firmware to try though.

Tuner in Training
    Update for the record. There is a recent firmware update to 3.1.16 (Alpha) It has corrected nearly all issues I was having. I still can't standalone log oil pressure. That channel, actually 2, does appear when using VCM scanner when directly connected but is missing in the standalone log. All other channels I have selected are now appearing in the standalone log. So we are 95% there I guess.

This standalone datalogging works great when it works, but there's a 50/50 chance that when you plug the MPVI2 into the OBD port, that it doesn't get a "good" connection. I've seen this with MPVI1 Pro where you make a vehicle connection and it doesn't read the VIN and 90% of the channels aren't working. I have to disconnect and reconnect at least 1 time to get it to work but you have a laptop display to show this.

With MPVI2 standalone datalogging, it's hit or miss if it will get your channels. Out of the 4 times I've tested it, 2 times have resulted in not reading the channels correctly. I sent in a VCMSuiteInfo log but I doubt it is going to be of any use since it is a direct MPVI2 to vehicle connection error that also happens on MPVI1.