Thread: vcm will not read vehicle only write

Potential Tuner

vcm will not read vehicle only write

I'ev had this swap done for a few years now and never had this problem. it is a gen 3 ls with a p01 ecm, swapped into a 1996 C1500. I went turbo this year, truck was running the night before getting it ready for a test drive, over the night my computer update (windows 8.1) and now I cant wirte or read inside the cab of the truck form the OBD2 port and of curse there is no spark now. ECM is good checked it on my bench harness. So im at a loss and really dont know were to go form here, I've tried re-installing hp tuners on my laptop, check power at the coil packs and ground everywhere. if anyone has some insight, I'd love to hear it

How did a Windows update cause a no-comm and no-spark issue? I think you have a different problem.

Potential Tuner
    I could still read the ECM with the scanner form the obd2 ort inside the truck that worked just fine and I can write the tune, I just can not read the ECM the option doesn't even show up In the editor.

I would normally agree with you but it was running the night before and the next morning no spark, and the editor wont let me read the ECM
    Last edited by lowbuckOBS; 03-06-2022 at 12:32 AM.

The editor won't un-grey the 'read' button if there's a file open. Click 'close' and try it.