Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Short Pulse width Adder enrich a lean engine?

Tuner in Training
    I've attached a screenshot of engine running fine at 194kpa boost.
    on boost 194kpa.png

You will note in this scanner screenshot the timing chart is fairly stable and peak MAP on this pull was 194kpa.

Also, note the previous screenshot I posted that shows the timing spiking erratically in the plot charts.
    high boost timing.png

It seems to occur around 200kpa. Could this be due to the MAP sensor only being a 2bar (200Kpa absolute) sensor? When the MAP sensor reaches its limit, does it send wacky numbers to the computer? VE airflow goes from 260g/s to 0.5g/s and since timing is derived from this, is it possible the MAP sensor is at its limit and effecting the input being fed back to the ECM?

IATs seem to hover between 70 and 85 degrees - located in QLD and runs were done with 35 degree external air temp (thereabouts).

Got the VE table pretty good using a AFR gauge (around 12.8-13.4:1 AFR when on boost underload). Definitely need to look at getting a wideband to sync it in with the scanner tool though.
    Last edited by maxxim26; 12-21-2020 at 12:14 AM.

Senior Tuner
    the 2 bar sensor still goes past it as i have seen 16psi on mine, it dosnt do any funny things it just stays at the max value, 12.8 - 13.4 is not a good AFR for boost especially 12-13psi u need to be richer maby in the 11.5 - 12 range if u want the engine to survive, those iat with the AFR u may have knock issues worth making sure they are still on and working

Tuner in Training
    Hi Guys,

we have changed from a 2 bar sensor (absolute) to a 2.8 bar sensor. Does this need to be changed in hptuners to change scaling for ecu? If so, where is this input box for this located on hp tuners?

Cheers, guys

Senior Tuner
    the ecu will need to know the offsets for the map sensor, its in the airflow tab

Tuner in Training
    So which tab will need to be adjusted and how much is the adjustment by (A multiplication factor of 1.4?)Airflow tab.png

Cheers

Senior Tuner
    there is no guesswork the sensor has proper data to enter for it linear and offset so it works properly, u will have to check the sensor u got part number and get the correct data for it

Tuner in Training
    Vehicle scan files
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Here's the tune file.
    Attached Files Attached Files