Thread: Corvette issues won?t pull through certain rpm

Potential Tuner

Corvette issues won?t pull through certain rpm

I have a c6 grand sport century built 6l80e, 440lsx, ysi on around 17-18psi on e85. I have been fighting an issue for a couple weeks now. In auto shift mode the car never makes it to the wot rpm shift point, ends up shifting out on mph. It hits like 6200rpms and hits a wall, then drops 100rpms and back up and continues doing this and can?t make it through. I swapped plugs today and tightened the gap thinking it was maybe blowing out spark at that point. Just took it out on pump gas, and it?s worse now. Not it will not climb passed 5800rpms. I?m showing 0 knock as well on these pulls. Anyone has any ideas? The car has been tuned for a while and made 1007whp. So I?m not sure it?s tune related?

No telling... who tuned it and post the file!!! Could be fuel related or mechanical

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    Think I found the issue. Seems like the high flow cats are clogged

That would do it... surprised you got that high in Rpm, but the lower rpm tells me it’s getting worst

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    That would do it... surprised you got that high in Rpm, but the lower rpm tells me it’s getting worst
    Thought that was the issue and it was not. I will post the log in a couple mins

Potential Tuner
    Attached are two logs. One driving and one with a 2nd gear and a 3rd gear WOT pull. You will see it hit a wall around 5800-5900
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Could someone help me out here. Trying to make a private track rental next week