Thread: Dtc p0605

Dtc p0605

OK, I<m sure this has been asked before, but I did a little searching and came up with zilch. So when I flash a new map to my car I get the P0605, telling me to disable it because the new file will flash faster if it doesnt come up. I,ve gone though the engine dia and cant find anything that lets me do that I,m guessing it's right there, I just dont know what too look for.

Wow, I guess I stumped everyone again, LOL

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by skylinedan View Post
    OK, I<m sure this has been asked before, but I did a little searching and came up with zilch. So when I flash a new map to my car I get the P0605, telling me to disable it because the new file will flash faster if it doesnt come up. I,ve gone though the engine dia and cant find anything that lets me do that I,m guessing it's right there, I just dont know what too look for.
    I think you need to change the DTC Error Mode to No Error Reported.

DTCs.jpg

I,m pretty sure I tried that, but I,ll give it another go in the morning. I thought I seen Bill post something about this, but cant find it. I,m not sure how much faster it can flash though, right now even with the p0605 its just over a minute from the start of the boot loader to the point of turning off the ignition.

Tuner in Training
    I,m pretty sure I tried that, but I,ll give it another go in the morning. I thought I seen Bill post something about this, but cant find it. I,m not sure how much faster it can flash though, right now even with the p0605 its just over a minute from the start of the boot loader to the point of turning off the ignition.
    I get the Dialog Box every time I flash my vehicle too, even though I have it set to No Error Reported.
    I think this has to do with Write Calibration Only that started many major VCM Software versions back.
    I have never flashed with the OEM setting of MIL Light since, but my guess is if you do, or had, your vehicle would set a DTC of P0605.

So you set it to No Error Reported and you are getting that dtc after you flash?

No DTC, or at least no CEL. Just have the box pop up when I flash it after changing things with the tune.

Potential Tuner
    When tuning fords they rec.turning that code its the ROM code

Tuner in Training
    Hey @skylinedan do a full write instead of a fast write and see if that solves it. I've had the same thing before and the full write fixed it. After I did the full write one time I didn't have to do it again on future updates.

Hope this helps!

I'll give that a try later, I need to make some changes to my current map anyways, and do a reflash.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wristshot View Post
    I get the Dialog Box every time I flash my vehicle too, even though I have it set to No Error Reported.
    I think this has to do with Write Calibration Only that started many major VCM Software versions back.
    I have never flashed with the OEM setting of MIL Light since, but my guess is if you do, or had, your vehicle would set a DTC of P0605.
    same here, " get the Dialog Box every time I flash my vehicle"
    Last edited by Stevekreger; 01-08-2022 at 09:48 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Hello. First time with HP Tuners MPVI3 and came across the same question posted here. So, what is the correct procedure to start tuning?

1. Perform a full read
    2. Change P0605 to "No Error Reported"
    3. Perform a full write
    4. Start tuning using fast write

Is it correct?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, you shouldn't need the full write though.