Thread: Rename Segment

Potential Tuner

Rename Segment

I'll be using TrackAddict primarily for Autocross. I can create new segments, but they all default to the name 'New Segment' and I can't see where/how to rename them.

iPhone 11 iOS v14.1
    TrackAddict 4.6.1

Thanks!

When in Segment mode, click the "Select Track" button, then you have two options:

1) Tap "Add New Track" -> "Add Custom Track", and the track name text will be at the top for you to edit

2) Tap to select an existing track in the list, then tap the "Edit Track" button at the bottom, and the track name text will be at the top for you to edit

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    When in Segment mode, click the "Select Track" button, then you have two options:

1) Tap "Add New Track" -> "Add Custom Track", and the track name text will be at the top for you to edit

2) Tap to select an existing track in the list, then tap the "Edit Track" button at the bottom, and the track name text will be at the top for you to edit
    That doesn't appear to be working anymore. I have been using Track Addict for about a year and never had a problem naming my Autocross Events. Used it over the weekend and it wasn't working. Could only go with "Segment". I did the recent iOS update. That may have messed something up in the app. Just an FYI you might want to test it to be sure. Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RudieCan'tFail View Post
    That doesn't appear to be working anymore. I have been using Track Addict for about a year and never had a problem naming my Autocross Events. Used it over the weekend and it wasn't working. Could only go with "Segment". I did the recent iOS update. That may have messed something up in the app. Just an FYI you might want to test it to be sure. Thanks!
    I've been struggling with this also since mid October. I just figured out that the name text is the same color as the background on my iPhone. I found I can tap into where the field should be, erase the invisible text and enter my named autocross which does not appear until I go back to the previous screen where the new name appears. Either Apple changed the font color or the developer did.

Mike
    Last edited by DriveI65; 11-10-2020 at 06:11 PM.

Thanks for the feedback. I see the issue... it's something wrong with the text box colors when the iOS display is in Light Mode, causing them to appear all black. We haven't touched that piece of the UI in quite some time, so if it just started recently, then it's probably from the latest Apple developer tools update rather than iOS itself. I've put this at the top of my To-Do list for our next iOS app update...

Potential Tuner
    The text color is ok on my iPad, same iOS version. Must be a different setting somewhere. If I find it I’ll post it.

Switching to Dark Mode should also fix it for the time being, but I'm working on releasing the v4.6.3 update that will solve this properly... This bug affected editing the track names and lat/lon coordinates, as well as our data dashboard configuration screen.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    Switching to Dark Mode should also fix it for the time being, but I'm working on releasing the v4.6.3 update that will solve this properly... This bug affected editing the track names and lat/lon coordinates, as well as our data dashboard configuration screen.
    Thanks for looking into it and correcting. It's working for me now.