Thread: injector tuning

injector tuning

hi guys so i ahve a 2014 ram 5.7 and when the truck runs at idle in park and gear my idle afr would start out at 16 but after a minute when idle lowers the afr reads 29. need help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

what are your mods???

in what condition? cold, warm?

in all conditions and the mods are cai, short tube headers, cat delete, 3in straight pipes,

Here.. start with this.. if you need a custom tune lmk..

Also put all your spark tables back to stock.. that's not a good way to adjust timing.. just imo

Just disable your rear o2 s and set rear ect to max temp, to avoid the reguation off the rears....

thanks ill try it out, and could you elaborate on the timing? before i had hp tuners it had a diablo tune on it.

the file you sent still reads lean but it isnt as bad as before. it now bounces bettween 24. to 28. to 1

the file you sent helps a little bit it reads 24 to 28 now instead of 29 but still to lean for idle right?

Advanced Tuner
    How are you reading these AFR's? What wideband do you have and where is the sensor located? IF the engine was somehow running between 24 and 28 actual AFR, it would be running rough as!

I have the aem afr. And I have it on a tail pipe sniffer. I use the sniffer on a 2003 dodge ram and it reads 14-15 to 1

Give us a log, you probably have a mechanical issue bud.

Again, what mods do you have, was anything changed recently that would cause such a huge vacuum leak.

Give us some details here, did you put smaller injectors? did you change any of those settings????

If you made changes to your injector tables put them back to stock. give us some info. also set your wot table stock as well its too high on the low end and the part throttle table and wot therm table. Also set your knock retard tables stock. that's dangerous you can blow your motor that way... it's probably not reading right back there either. show us an idle log to see how lean it is.

The mods are cai, short tube headers, cat delete and straight piped. I had a jay greene tune, but I haven't messed with timing tables, because I'm trying to learn everything first lol and get familiar with the files. But I haven't touched injectors tables or any air or fuel related stuff I turned off rear o2 and cat protection because of cat delete but thats it. I'll send an idle log once I'm off work

Ok, I had sent a file with proper cat deletion in it. but i think the issue is that the rear o2 wideband is just reading open air it's not actually running lean.

One way to tell if it really is THAT lean is that it would be idling like 1200

Could it be reading wrong depending on exhaust size? Its all 3inch. Would that cause the wide band with the exhaust sniffer to read lean?

It really depends how far in it is.. theres several variables here but it would be lean popping at 20 to 1

so heres the data log with the the file i sent before and the wide band in the rear o2 spot
    Attached Files Attached Files