Thread: Possibly to much timing...

Tuner in Training

Possibly to much timing...

My name is Nick, been using HPtuners for several years, along with a Procharger. Recently, I started breaking motors... it first breaks the ring lands then self destructs...

Would someone please look at my tuner file and see if i am running to much timing. It's the only thing i can imagine causing all this carnage...

Thanks in advance.

Nick
    Attached Files Attached Files

No, that's not too much timing.

Depending on how much boost you are running 10-12 degrees of timing. That is very low in most cases. Often times you should be able to run the same timing as the boost pressure you are running. Like 14 degrees on 14 psi and so on to a point. Of course the fuel you run plays a role in that.

Your tune basically tells us nothing about how it's running. We need log files with data.

The only thing that really stands out is that you have small fuel injectors and your VE table is through the roof rich, which may explain something. This also has a 1 bar MAP sensor which is not right. How the hell are you suppose to tune the VE table for fueling when you can't even log boost with the 1 bar stock MAP sensor.

You didn't even tell us what you have done to this engine and what stuff you are running.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.