Thread: ESC/ESP query

Tuner in Training

ESC/ESP query

Hi all,
    I was driving the other day when my pickup spun off the road (on black ice), it didn't feel like ESC/ESP kicked in at all, so I'm jut going through the motions to see if something was changed that maybe shouldn't have been (from an email tune).

Can anyone confirm what "ESP use ETC" means? I suspect it's the throttle control for ESP/ESC, and I see that was deactivated, but not sure what role, if any, it plays for the ESC system? Any thoughts/comments appreciated.

1d.JPG1d.JPG

esp reduces torque from engine when slippery.
    there are three Options...
    the ignition turns to late, the throttle goes back and last, if nothing helps, the fuel were cutted.
    you can turn Options off, but remember, if you turn etc off the ignition will be reduced but the fco will the last thing that happens. Between this two there is no Regulation, so you got a blind spot.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the feedback. I’ll re-enable this setting as I can’t see any benefit to having it disabled. I should’ve added the spin out made me veer off the road into a ditch.

Most people run all 3 off.. if you're running on black ice i would be more cautious when driving. Dodge's are known for slipping like crazy. Stock.

Advanced Tuner
    Turn ESP USE ETC back to enabled.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.