Thread: 2015 Ram 8speed Transmission.

2015 Ram 8speed Transmission.

Does the 8speed transmission TCM on the 2015+ Ram need to be sent to get unlocked by HPtuners?
    How many total credits is it needed to tune a 2016 5.7 ram with the 8speed transmission?

Advanced Tuner
    No.

2 for the PCM, 4 for the TCM.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

14 and older are 2 credits only and that includes licensing for pcm and tcm?

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    Am I missing something? 2 credits according to this.
    Untitled.png

Tuner in Training
    That link also shows a '1' next to 15+ saying that the PCM does require the unlock service. Is this so?

I already have my MPVI2 and was using it quite a bit with my previous vehicle, but it's gone now (deer suck) and my current 2018 Ram will get fiddled with at some point...but if I need 4 credits AND the unlock service. Yoi.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by caulk04 View Post
    That link also shows a '1' next to 15+ saying that the PCM does require the unlock service. Is this so?

I already have my MPVI2 and was using it quite a bit with my previous vehicle, but it's gone now (deer suck) and my current 2018 Ram will get fiddled with at some point...but if I need 4 credits AND the unlock service. Yoi.
    The unlocks for Dodge PCMs are now free with purchase of an MPVI2, RTD, or 6 credits.

For 2018+ you will need a smart access cable or similar, MPVI2, 2 credits for the PCM, and 4 for the ZF8HP TCM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by niceguy View Post
    Am I missing something? 2 credits according to this.
    Untitled.png
    Yes you are. Look below that where it shows other supported controllers. The ZF8HP TCM requires 4 credits.

Tuner in Training
    Hmm, I'm thinking I'll be selling my mpvi2. The unlock nonsense is just too much for me. No matter whose 'fault' it is.

I already have a security bypass harness on my 18 for alfaobd use, would the 'smart cable' still be needed?