Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stock engine idle. This should be easy for everyone but me.

Tuner in Training LH6-DOD-54-GMC's Avatar

New log file 05-24-2021

I hope that worked.

What do you mean by "Checked continuity of the O2 sensors"? Unless you are testing the wiring of the pigtail to ECM/PCM or the HO2 sensor heater a continuity test does not tell you if you have a good or bad sensor.

Wow. Fuel trims are maxed out and the O2s are still pegged lean. Major problems still.

Please post a complete, un-exported log. Sometimes doing an export/trimming one down loses all the useful stuff in the Details tab, as this one seems to have done.

Please add more channels. Hell, just add anything that has a cool sounding name. Or a dumb sounding name. Add shit at random. Here is a mostly stock LH6 idling during warmup for reference:
    21-05-14 17-01-07.hpl

Don't use the (SAE) channels for throttle stuff, they don't get it right.

Is the throttle body possibly broken, and not able to close below ~15%? Hard to tell without the non-SAE channels... Can you push the throttle blade closed from its at-rest position? Any binding? Is it clean?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    What do you mean by "Checked continuity of the O2 sensors"? Unless you are testing the wiring of the pigtail to ECM/PCM or the HO2 sensor heater a continuity test does not tell you if you have a good or bad sensor.
    I was just testing the physical wiring to make sure it hadn't been broken somehow.

Well crap. I don't know how to make or post an un-exported log file. And how do I add channels? Sorry for being a dim bulb. But my appreciation 'shines bright like a diamond."

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Is the throttle body possibly broken, and not able to close below ~15%? Hard to tell without the non-SAE channels... Can you push the throttle blade closed from its at-rest position? Any binding? Is it clean?
    As they say, Ran when parked. That was before I took it to the port in San Francisco to put it in a private container to ship to me in Ireland. It hasn't run since it got here. I checked the throttle blade once before when I tried to do a TPS reset. There was no difference afterwards.

Did you do the throttle reset running? On those they need to be KOEO. Also if you can find someone with a Tech to or Tech2Win you can at KOEO command the throttle incrementally from closed to open. Of course you would do this with the fresh air intake hose off so you can see the throttle body move.

Find the original log file in the folder where it's automatically saved, post that one.

Users\(username)\My Documents\HP Tuners\VCM Scanner\Logs

When you find that folder make a shortcut to it on the desktop so you don't have to navigate through all that crap every time.

Engine off/key off, the throttle blade should be partially open. You should be able to push it fully closed by hand and it should spring back to the at-rest position nice and smooth with no sticking or grinding in either direction.

Okay, for everyone who is willing to help. No jokes. After my last post while I was trying to figure out your suggestions on unexported log files, non-SAE channels and broken throttle blades I had to be admitted to the local university hospital. Home now after over a week. I now have about 4-weeks before they do a full skull souffl?? to pull out some damn foreign dirt clod from my head. That will really impact my ability to get this truck running well so we can put it for sale. May not get to drive it again and don't want my wife stuck trying to sell it if it's not running well. So the clock is ticking. I'll try to be here daily and test out anything you guys suggest. I'm right handed and my right side is way down on power. But I'll work through it! If anyone happens to know anyone in Ireland willing to come by the Limerick/Cork border (Ballyhoura Mountains) that would be awesome too!
    Last edited by LH6-DOD-54-GMC; 06-05-2021 at 03:58 PM.

Didn't see the last two posts sorry. Had to reload the page. I'll start trying stuff tomorrow. Only had 4hrs sleep in the last 3 days.