Thread: Cam timing

Tuner

Cam timing

Anyone play some with cam timing on the ecoboost? Specifically in a focus st but any insight works.

Is it worth it? Any power gains? A buddy told me that cobb it's tunes have slight adjustments.

One of HP's videos is on it, they take a Mustang Gt and do a bunch of pulls on the dyno as they bump the intake timing up. I gave it try on my 17 Sport, and will say it deffinately sound better up high over 3 grand. What I,ve been doing is bumping it 2 degree's at a time from 3000 up to red line, and data logging too see what if any results I get. As of right now I,m seeing 500 to 550 lbs torque readings, though i<m sure those numbers are high, but still making progress.

Tuner
    I'll have to try and find that video. Thanks for the input.

Have you been jumping up the intake or exhaust? Or both? What order?

Just the exhaust side of things, I made some changes last night and flashed that to it this morning, seems a bit better, but I also smoothed out some other things with the file. Over all, I think I,m done for now, with winter getting closer. I,m gonna switch to 87, so I,ll have to detune for that.

Quote Originally Posted by skylinedan View Post
    Just the exhaust side of things, I made some changes last night and flashed that to it this morning, seems a bit better, but I also smoothed out some other things with the file. Over all, I think I,m done for now, with winter getting closer. I,m gonna switch to 87, so I,ll have to detune for that.
    I meant intake, not exhaust.

Tuner
    Thanks for clarifying