Thread: Start up Idle and coast surging

Tuner in Training

Start up Idle and coast surging

I have a 06 GTO H/C/I Holly EFI fuel rails LS3 injectors SBE 1 7/8th kooks headers 3.70 rear with trutrac level 6 FLT 4L65E 3800 circle d stall. I have been trying to get the idle to come down a little bit so I tried the base setpoint table with no luck I then moved on to base running air flow table and reduce that by 4 across the table. This brought the idle down to where I want it however it has introduced a idle surge on coast down and a crappy start up which seems odd. I am also fighting some tip in knock basically when PE is enabled. Yes the car is tuned by a reputable shop however I am trying to learn how to do this myself which is why I'm asking. Below is my tune and scan file does anything seem out of sorts? The coasting surge can be seen around 13:30 mark

Edit: I tried bringing the commanded idle down to no avail
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Sick LS2; 11-13-2020 at 08:08 PM.

Tuner in Training
    bueller?

The way it looks to me is your Final minimum idle airflow is way off compared to what it actually is and its taking away all your timing at idle to try and lower the idle. Your spark advance at idle is -2 not right.

What throttle body do you have on there?
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Looks like a maf only tune. Stock maf? One thing that you should do is to lower the low octane table by 5 degrees so if you have a real knock, it has somewhere to pull timing. Your low maf numbers look high to me. The curve is smooth, but looks like too much air--that will retard timing. Don't know how big your cam is.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8