Thread: need clarification

Tuner in Training

need clarification

04 5.3 i want to delete maf,can i just change to the new os without enabling codes and ses off?i keep getting old posts and everyone pretty much is doing boost.....i want stock cl/sd on stock tune other than throw a couple degrees timing and a little fuel at higher revs for some "butt dyno" feel, will i need to change the hi-low octane tables and trans stuff?fairly new to tuning and havent ran across this yet so sorry for newb ??s

If available apply the 1 bar speed density enhanced OS upgrade. Set the MAF codes to MIL on first error and uncheck the SES box, also set the MAF fail high to 0hz. Now the MAF is fully disabled but you will still need to wire in a separate IAT sensor if you remove the MAF completely.

Just some general information here. Adding timing likely will get you very little and you surely do not need to add any fueling at higher rpm. Just look at a factory 5.3 tune, they run really rich air fuel ratio's. So removing fuel to command around 12.0-12.5 is better than 10.9-11.0 like most factory tunes are.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    Keep the MAF sensor.