Thread: HPT:VCM Scanner: Graph: Logging wideband AFR error %

Tuner in Training

HPT:VCM Scanner: Graph: Logging wideband AFR error %

Hi All

I m looking for some assistance with getting my scanner to log AFR Error % using my wideband.
    I have had a go and tried many variants and the output is always seems to be the same so i must be missing something in my setup.

I have attached the following

1 . Screen view of the PIDs that I m logging in the scanner relevant to fuel actual and commanded.
    2. I have looked at the predefined maths parameter for AFR error to assist in determining the formulae i should use in user defined maths,
    3. I have attached my user defined parameter and formulae
    4. I have attached my graph setup for AFR error that looks at my user defined AFR error parameter.
    5. Scanner graph output: when I run the log the blue square moves around like its plotting the values but there are no values ☹ coming up. Its like its there but I cant see it.

I have my wide band setup through my MPVI Pro analog 1 and is reading the AFR/Lambda

Appreciate your thoughts on what I might be missing in my setup.

thanks in advance
    Last edited by GENFGTS; 11-14-2020 at 08:01 PM.

Senior Tuner
    that pid that is red u should be able to click on the expression and change it to your wideband pid and it should then work, or if not copy that same maths using your wb in lambda and eqratio commanded and it should work

Tuner in Training
    Hey 07GTS

The predefined Maths AFR Error expression in red i can't seem to change.
    Ive tried EQ Error also with the same result. it looks to plot but no values appear.

i basically copied the EQ predefined maths - and changed the ID to the wide band and it looks to plot but no values appear.
    it should be as simple as this from what i understand.

Is it possible you have changed the display properties in the scanner? Try selecting the entire table when you see it "plotting".
    If you see values then you have white fonts on white background. If this is the issue you will need to set the display properties by right clicking the table and selecting display properties and then select one of the defaults from the top menu in the popup box.

Senior Tuner
    yea must be something simple, sometimes u have to re add the maths after changing it just check over everything, or send thru the maths and graph file so we can see whats going on

Tuner in Training
    hey
    i have tested the display properties using the defaults and my own colours with no luck.
    test attached.
    The predefined EQ error works as a test example.
    This just seems to be an issue when graphing data from the wide band only.
    i tested just graphing AFR average actuals. plots but no values still.

Senior Tuner
    does it show if u just put the WB value in the table only (no error calc) might be some filtering that is causing it to not show, would need a log and ur WB maths error to see whats going on

Tuner in Training
    Hey guys
    I wanted to just recap on the wide band setup as i think my issue may be in setup. transform

Quick recap on the steps I have done adding the wideband
    add channel
    Find MPVI2 pro input 1 analog
    Right Click.. transform..select oxygen sensor..then air fuel...select ZT2 (has predefined voltage conversion to AFR).

Query: does the transform process.. link analog input 1 to an existing ID?

The ID number for pro input analog 1 is 30011 and the ID number for oxygen sensor ZT2 is different 50118 (transform process links them?)

Now in maths section
    New AFR actual (i?m Back to basics just trying to graph the average AFR output value)

Parameter..select oxygen sensor ZT2 (airfuel)

This has returned some values readings just over 200 (strange) but it?s plotting something now

Thoughts

Senior Tuner
    use what ever shows up when u choose to see only logged pids (the gear with the green tick will show only logged channels) if u have transformed the input it should show up as the chosen WB in that list, choose lambda not AFR if u can then go against commanded eqratio, if u are using afr and go against eqratio then it wont show a correct value, if u have to use afr then go against commanded afr so the error works

Tuner in Training
    Good news! i got it sorted.

Thanks 07GTS and the other guys for your feedback as it was all helpful.

Wow, all that, and you're not going to share how you got it "sorted"?

Tuner in Training
    hey
    the issue was in the maths..user defined..
    the parameter i selected was MPVI2 Pro input analog One (initially thinking this is the wideband)
    i needed to select the wide band under oxygen sensors (AFR or EQ) because i had set up the wide band using transform.
    the transform process i my mind does a few things.
    *converts it from volts.
    *links analogy one (id) to the predefined (id) for your wideband (my only explanation for them each having separate IDs)

Great! Thanks for sharing. Now others will know if they experience a similar issue.

Tuner in Training
    Hello,
    I realize this is an old post but I'm having the same issue and have tried the following the guidance here but am still having no luck.
    I'm desperate to get the AFR error logging if someone can please help.

*Disregard, I figured it out. Thanks!*
    Last edited by BlackSunshine99; 06-21-2021 at 02:47 PM.