Thread: 2011 6L80 test, need to keep unlocked in any gear for test

Tuner in Training

2011 6L80 test, need to keep unlocked in any gear for test

Hi all,
    2011 5.3/6L80 out of same vehicle. I have a bad shake/shudder when I get above 65 mph. Front suspension and steering components have all been replaced. I had the DS rebalanced just last week. still have this stupid shudder/shake that shakes the whole cab. Was not there when I first swapped. This is driving me crazy and makes me not want to drive the truck.

Is there any way to totally remove lock out to see if it is my torque converter that is messed up? If so, can someone show me how? I have HP Tuners.

Thanks for any help, this is driving me nuts.

Thanks,

BenSTOCK TUNE FOR C10 ENGINE - turned into curent GMC tune Oct 3 2020.hpt

Yeah, it's easy.

To the transmission tab. Trans > Torque converter > apply/release. Then click the 5th and 6th gear tables and you can just max out each table or pick a really high value like 150mph apply and 149mph on the release. Now the converter will not engage in the top two overdrive gears.

I always go in there and disable the torque converter for gears 1-4 and raise the speeds up for 5th and 6th on trucks I help tune anyway.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    My thoughts for doing this
    Go to Torque Converter - Apply/Release - Set all 1-4 NORMAL to 149 so it will not lock up and the same for 5th and 6th

Would this work? I am just trying to see if this will stop the shudder. If it does, then it must be my torque converter causing this and will need replaced.

Thanks for any help.

Tuner in Training
    I was typing why you replied, thanks 5FDP!!!

Tuner in Training
    Well, tuned it out and same problem. Wheel bearing or something has to be bad then. Gunna have to dig.

Could be a wheel/tire issue or bad pinion angle too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Mostly turned out to be a bad wheel balance. I tried everything and finally went and had rode force balance and it took most of the shake out. Thanks again for your help.