Thread: 6.0 little to no information

Potential Tuner

6.0 little to no information

I am just starting to tune and diagnose things on my 2007 6.0. I got the new mpvi2 tuner. When i connect to the truck, which i can only do through USB, I only get a few datastreams or channels to work. Simple ones like voltage rpm,ect,map,speed IAT, thats about it. I add them before hand but no data populates when the engine is running. Also, I have a check engine light on the dash yet the scanner wont show any codes when i try to retrieve DTC's. What am I doing wrong here? What further info can i provide to help? Ive done some tuning with HPTuners on LS based chevy stuff and have never had this problem.

Potential Tuner
    update: I can connect wirelessly now. When i scanned it today (on both the newest version and the newest beta versions) it showed i was running at 175 RPM. a check engine light on the dash popped up and the scanner said it was low boost (pending) clearing it on the scanner did nothing to the dash light. i tried loading vehicle default and SAE default channel configs and still nothing populates but the basic rpm, speed, map, etc. Has anyone seen this before?
    2007 F-350: ARP studs, oil bypass filter, coolant bypass filter, BPD FICM, cold air,EGR??? reman injectors w/perf 6.0 nozzles, polished turbo w/batmowheel, blue spring,hi-perf oil pump, 4" exhaust, 6" lift on 37's, 201K mi.

If memory is correct there's not much for monitoring when I logged my truck a bit ago. just normal things nothing 6.0 specific.

Potential Tuner
    i tried connecting again today and reconnected several times. every time was different. sometimes my rpm was showing 250rpm, sometimes engine coolant temp and MAP were the only readings, sometimes it would connect and not show anything. every time it was different. I tried connecting to my other truck (5.3 chevy) and it did the same thing. somethings wrong with my MPVI2 im guessing. Im resyncing it and going to try again later.
    2007 F-350: ARP studs, oil bypass filter, coolant bypass filter, BPD FICM, cold air,EGR??? reman injectors w/perf 6.0 nozzles, polished turbo w/batmowheel, blue spring,hi-perf oil pump, 4" exhaust, 6" lift on 37's, 201K mi.

Tuner in Training
    Another problem that could be solved IF HPT would let us enter our own PIDs. There is an abundance of 6.0 specific PID's that can be manually entered for TORQUE PRO.