Thread: afr500v2

Potential Tuner

afr500v2

I'm sure I am just missing something but I cant find a channel for the ballenger afr500v2 in my vcm scanner? I'm using a serial port usb adapter I have the yellow wire going to pin 2 on the serial port plug and the black and white wire going to ground. Is this right? Sorry I'm new to this computer stuff.

Potential Tuner
    IAM Doing the same thing and i canot set my afr500 v2 ????
    i need same help

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by nate68c10 View Post
    I'm sure I am just missing something but I cant find a channel for the ballenger afr500v2 in my vcm scanner? I'm using a serial port usb adapter I have the yellow wire going to pin 2 on the serial port plug and the black and white wire going to ground. Is this right? Sorry I'm new to this computer stuff.
    The yellow wire is a 0-5v analog signal that corresponds to the afr/lambda value and is in no way a digital signal that would be able to read by serial port. You maybe damaging your USB/serial device and possibly the AFR500 by connecting them in this way.
    IF you want to use a USB/serial input you can purchase the new AFR500CAN which has a USB cable and digital output setup for this purpose.