Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018+ Turbo and Throttle Questions

Advanced Tuner

2018+ Turbo and Throttle Questions

Has anyone dabbled in the turbo realm when it comes to 2018+ cars, specifically single turbos, I have only done NA and supercharged applications and never tuned a 18+ other than NA. Also would anyone happen to have the throttle body data on a VMP twin 69 throttle body.

Advanced Tuner
    Same here

We did, no big difference between 2015 and 2018 if you ask me. People tend to think 2018 is some sort holy grail LOL

Advanced Tuner
    Then post for 69mm

Quote Originally Posted by paulsmithsr View Post
    Then post for 69mm
    So you can sell my tunes?

I have data for twin 69 for 3 gen don't you worry LOL
    Last edited by veeefour; 10-18-2023 at 02:28 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    So you can sell your my tunes?

I have data for twin 69 for 3 gen don't you worry LOL
    I definitely don?t want to sell or steal your tunes, I?ve had someone do that to me. It sucks, but just having the data specifically for the throttle body would be nice. Also do people use speed density to tune turbo 15-17? I know the 18+ are speed density so how does that change things compared to MAF tuning?

Quote Originally Posted by aaronson View Post
    I definitely don?t want to sell or steal your tunes, I?ve had someone do that to me. It sucks, but just having the data specifically for the throttle body would be nice. Also do people use speed density to tune turbo 15-17? I know the 18+ are speed density so how does that change things compared to MAF tuning?
    I was replying to other guy, known for this...

+2018 Mustang Roush supercharged tune is based on F150 - it's not speed density only as it's using added MAP sensor.
    You can go full SD or tune it traditional way using MAF - up to you. You can get good results either way.

Advanced Tuner
    I was replying to other guy, known for this..

+2018 Mustang Roush supercharged tune is based on F150 - it's not speed density only as it's using added MAP sensor.
    You can go full SD or tune it traditional way using MAF - up to you. You can get good results either way.
    Thank you very much, that makes a lot of sense, I was thinking about possibly using a eco boost for a base file given they?ve always used speed density. Just wasn?t sure how it would work out. Also if you don?t mind me asking how you got the TB data or if We could discuss it over pm. I have a customer 2019 CJ setup with this throttle body. The current tunes is locked and he?s having a stalling issue. He asked me to tune it but this is the only thing holding me back. I haven?t tuned a CJ 18+

Advanced Tuner
    Don’t need to sale your tune —-just post info for throttle body only
    u post a lot of stuff with no support or proof whatsoever ——all talk (vee four)
    My car already has 69mm vmp and cobra jet - just like too compare and see diff
    Last edited by paulsmithsr; 11-18-2020 at 12:26 AM.

Don’t need to sale your tune —-just post info for throttle body only
    u post a lot of stuff with no support or proof whatsoever ——all talk (vee four)
    My car already has 69mm vmp and cobra jet - just like too compare and see diff
    Yeah post a "proof" so you can copy and sell it to your customers? LMAO

I will help anybody but there are some people that I just wont - shop owners looking for a free tunes/files/work for example.

If you are so good you can develop that data with no problem...just like I did.

Advanced Tuner
    U just post a lot of and dont give any advise
    Last edited by paulsmithsr; 11-18-2020 at 07:53 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Have you tried contacting the manufacturer of the throttle body?

i have been on this forum for long time and totally agree with paulsmithsr. all i see him posting a lot of nonsense without giving any real tips.
    also i very doubt his skills. i have asked him as customer to tune my 2018 gt on e85 and he seemed to never done it lol. he banned me from his fb site when i went 11.7s him saying its unpossible. later i went 11.29s in 1/4 lol
    2018 mustang gt a10 with headers and e85

Quote Originally Posted by ttbestas View Post
    i have been on this forum for long time and totally agree with paulsmithsr. all i see him posting a lot of nonsense without giving any real tips.
    also i very doubt his skills. i have asked him as customer to tune my 2018 gt on e85 and he seemed to never done it lol. he banned me from his fb site when i went 11.7s him saying its unpossible. later i went 11.29s in 1/4 lol
    You again, so mad that I refused to sell you a tune... I just love to troll shop owners that can't tune a thing and looking for a free help online LOL

Rule no 1 - never sell any tunes to guys from EU....
    Rule no 2 - never help any shop owners - your shop your skills
    Rule no 3 - it's my choice whether I sell anything to anybody
    Last edited by veeefour; 11-24-2020 at 02:31 PM.

You again, so mad that I refused to sell you a tune... I just love to troll shop owners that can't tune a thing and looking for a free help online LOL

Rule no 1 - never sell any tunes to guys from EU....
    Rule no 2 - never help any shop owners - your shop your skills
    Rule no 3 - it's my choice whether I sell anything to anybody
    dude, im very happy i didnt buy expensive tune from you. the time i run you barely achieving with superchargers lol.
    anyway if i was you i would add another rule - dont be arrogant. its not the place to troll other shops or people. Here we share information and learning. there are hundreds of people who started reading this forum asking questions and became tuners. So let it be that way.

dude, im very happy i didnt buy expensive tune from you. the time i run you barely achieving with superchargers lol.
    anyway if i was you i would add another rule - dont be arrogant. its not the place to troll other shops or people. Here we share information and learning. there are hundreds of people who started reading this forum asking questions and became tuners. So let it be that way.
    Common, your dragy pics are fake we all know that. You run nothing, all fake. You did that to discredit my work so you can get a refund - don't be mad.

And you share wut? Best joke today

P.S...we barely do any superchargers so yeah, here goes your fake credibility.

its not the place for arguing, but you cross the line. fake dragy photos?? what you even talking about, im participating in official drag events you can check my times there... what refund?? i never bought anything from you.
    if you have nothing positive to say or share your knowledge help others please stay quiet here and respect people who are here much longer than you.

its not the place for arguing, but you cross the line. fake dragy photos?? what you even talking about, im participating in official drag events you can check my times there... what refund?? i never bought anything from you.
    if you have nothing positive to say or share your knowledge help others please stay quiet here and respect people who are here much longer than you.
    We build and tuned 50 cars that are participating in official drag events, all season. Not just a mustangs...camaros, mopars, eu brands...

You post ET 11.3 with DA over 300 you claim E85 headers and no prep - this is fake, or was timed with a Nokia 3310.
    You log shows 100-200kph over 8s and ET low 11's with no prep haha who do you want to fool?

Been running 10's N/A with 6r80, full weight, with no prep!

All fake, you probably posted your GT-R time claiming that's a Mustang. Please stop before it's too late...

Over and out "dude"...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronson View Post
    Has anyone dabbled in the turbo realm when it comes to 2018+ cars, specifically single turbos, I have only done NA and supercharged applications and never tuned a 18+ other than NA. Also would anyone happen to have the throttle body data on a VMP twin 69 throttle body.
    sorry to see your thread become s hit show, i saw a couple of threads that explained a method to get the throttle body model corrected a couple years ago, my guess is you could start with the closest ford racing data and correct from there.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mJolnir View Post
    sorry to see your thread become s hit show, i saw a couple of threads that explained a method to get the throttle body model corrected a couple years ago, my guess is you could start with the closest ford racing data and correct from there.
    I ended up just emailing VMP and they gave me the values. Some companies won?t do that, but they?re nice enough to. I have a coyote cookbook. I never really paid attention to the throttle section because my of my customers didn?t have CJ setups. But now I?m stepping into the boost and Max effort NA and 3V cammed game so I?m having to learn A lot as of lately.