Thread: Who uses the AEM X?

Advanced Tuner

Who uses the AEM X?

Just bought me a aem x that comes with the obd adapter so I can plug my mpvi2.
    Having trouble getting it to log on the scanner. I?ve seen a video where it just say to repoll and then look for the wb eq but it just erase as soon as I start logging. My ballenger was working great it just failed so I decide it to give the aem a try. How can I fix this?

What year vehicle are you trying to use it on?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    are u looking in the inputs or in the factory pid list, here is mine below as they show up, or u may have to change the address or pid number to suit what it outputs, if its the same as another pid number like wb1 it wont work

Advanced Tuner
    If you are trying the 30-0334 ( OBDII X-series ) on an 02 LS1 ( based on your chat ID ), that is not going to work. The 30-0334 OBDII interface works with the CAN protocol; which is, generally, only available on 2007 and later vehicles. You can connect it to the MPVI2 via the analog output & prolink. Or, use serial. If you want to use serial, I suggest sending it to me for a re-flash, to upgrade the serial output, to get better accuracy and sample rate.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    What year vehicle are you trying to use it on?
    On a 2003 truck, I just try it on a 2019 canaro and it work.

Advanced Tuner
    Ook, yes I just try it on a 2019 camaro and it work. Doing the analog I would have to cut the wires?? Serial I haven’t use serial how you use that?

Advanced Tuner
    You will need to add the analog pins to the connector. Orrr...

If you have the Pro version of HPTuners and the prolink, a better solution is to have the gauge reflashed back to 30-0300 functionality. With that, you can run through the CAN interface on the prolink. That is the best interface, overall. It uses the existing pins that, currently, run to the OBDII connector.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    You will need to add the analog pins to the connector. Orrr...

If you have the Pro version of HPTuners and the prolink, a better solution is to have the gauge reflashed back to 30-0300 functionality. With that, you can run through the CAN interface on the prolink. That is the best interface, overall. It uses the existing pins that, currently, run to the OBDII connector.
    dr.mike, i also have a 03 silverado. i dont have the pro version of HPTuners either... are you saying if i add said analog pins that i can use the 0334 gauge w/ basic version of HPTuners, and the existing obd2 connector??

also when you mention adding the analog pins, what are you talking about adding analog pins to?

Advanced Tuner
    The 10-pin white connector on the back of the 30-0334 gauge does not have all of the pins wired.

Specifically, the 30-0334 does not have wires for analog or serial output. The 30-0300 does. The gauge hardware is, actually, the same. The only differences are the connectors/cables, and the firmware.

You can get the little pins to add the wires that you want from digikey.