Thread: gen 2 mustangP0016, P0345

gen 2 mustangP0016, P0345

just did a cam swap on a gen 2 coyote and getting code p0016, p0345, i did double check timing on the primary and secondary chains i hope thats not the problem lol.
    so i just removed the valve covers and found that one vct solenoid pin is not out like the other three but i dont have much info on these on what they do when they go bad. any input is greatly appreciated thankssoleniods.jpgsoleniodsss.jpgsoleniodsss.jpgsoleniods.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    Usually when the vet solenoid goes bad it will default the cam to 0 degrees adv/rtd. You can log the desired and actual intake and cam position and they should be exact to very close. If not then that might be your issue. Does the car run poorly?

Quote Originally Posted by aaronson View Post
    Usually when the vet solenoid goes bad it will default the cam to 0 degrees adv/rtd. You can log the desired and actual intake and cam position and they should be exact to very close. If not then that might be your issue. Does the car run poorly?
    I will try that thanks for your input!

Does anyone know what the cam timing/position of cams should be when timing everything back up????