Thread: Ford Mondeo / Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost - GTX2867R Tuning

Tuner in Training

Cool Ford Mondeo / Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost - GTX2867R Tuning

Hi all! First off this is my first post, so allow me to introduce myself to this great forum. This is also my first time tuning with HPT, my tuning background is mainly on VAG vehicles directly on winOLS.

As the title says, the car in question is a 2.0 Ecoboost Mondeo fitted with an upgraded ATP GTX2867R bolt on turbo, Mustang injectors, upgraded IC and Accel coils.

Due to the fact that the car is on the stock tune, it detects overboost and closes the TB (thats what I can tell from the logs). Apart from that, I believe the transmission is limiting power as I can only hit 100mph until it loses power.

I am not trying to get a free tune, I want to learn on the process, so I would really appreciate if someone would collaborate with the basics in order to help me do it.

I believe that the main next thing I should try would be to increase allowed TIP and maybe try and disable any Torque Limiting features?

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    PS: I have found that many PIDs that would be helpful are missing and I am aware of the Tuning guide, which kinda differs from the setup available for my car.

Tuner in Training
    I'll have to take a look at this when I get back to the house. I've learned a lot but only dealing with stock turbo so I know there are changes to be made that I havent even dove into. Ill see if there is anything I can assist with.

Tuner in Training
    ok so here are a few things Ive noticed to help speed up your progress.

You need to log all of your limits and sources to determine where exactly all the limits are. Your calculated engine load needs to be changed to your Absolute Load (SAE) and add desired load to that list in order to determine where you will need to adjust things like your LSPI reduction, Timing tables, Etc.

Your current desired tq is at the stock levels which need to ncrease

Under Engine-> Torque Management-> Driver Demand-> Normal (I only change the values that are at 90% accelerator pedal)

If your limit is hitting popcorn that is usually your LSPI tables. I highly suggest not to just go all willy nilly and raise them to the highest number ( more potential for kaboom). The way I adjust my tables is first setup the tq that you are wanting to hit on the driver demand and watch what your desired load shows as your letting the computer determine what load you need to hit to reach that number and raise it at 2500rpm or higher.

You will eventually want to go into your power enrich tab and adjust your WOT lambda most people run .80-.82 you can run richer while you get things sorted out to keep it safer.

Under your speed density I'm sure your running an upgraded intercooler. You will want you adjust the intercooler volume as this is part of the equation to adjust fuel trims as far as I can tell. Take a look at my 2.0 ford escape thread to get a few more ideas.

Tuner in Training
    Hi, Thanks for the reply.

From the PIDs I can see some that would be helpful missing. I saw ones that show calculated torque but they dont seem to work on my ECU. Missing desired load
    Your input makes total sense and I added those changes to the tune. The one I uploaded on the first post apparently was not original, so here I will upload it just in case anyone needs it.
    Unfortunately I cannot see what is causing the limiter to trip. I have increased pressure but as soon as the ecu sees something it doesnt like it closes the TB. Luckily I have the car on the dyno so I can do changes and test them really quickly. (Write takes 1min literally)

Should I mess with the optimum torque tables? I do not see the Requested torque being helpful. Car with the tune I uploaded put down 247hp. and with my latest revision it only hit 220 because of the TB closure. Do I have to mess with air calculation? Or should I try going around with other parameters?

Attached:
    Original file
    Tuned
    Logs
    Picture of the PIDs I have
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    So the idea about raising your driver demand is because of the ford tq based system. You have to be hitting some limit that is causing the throttle closure. Take a look at this thread it might help you with your limits

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-Torque-Limits

Tuner in Training
    Hey looked over the log and your tune. You'll need to raise the max gross torque under the Torque management-> General-> Maximum torque. I have also included my PIDs to see if its something with your VCM scanner software.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks man! I have contacted HPT support, because many PIDs are missing. Currently waiting on their follow up. Will try yours just in case!

I did try like 3 more versions of the tune. I came across this thread: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-for-no-reason and used it as a guide for mine.

What I have noticed with my latest version based on that tune is that I have to calibrate the injectors (2.3 Mustang ones) becuase the ECU is targetting >1 Lambda at WOT and the actual one is 0.75. The car hits some kind of limiter, at least now it doesnt close the TB but it drops power on the dyno @around 4k RPM and then picks it up at a higher rpm.

Ill try downloading a stock tune and copying those values.

Attached latest version and log.