Thread: Boost max log

Tuner

Boost max log

So I just purchased hp tuners a bit ago and have enjoyed studying and learning on this forum. I had a Jms boost max on my car before I purchased hp tuners. Anyway I took it off because my cars in the shop, and I?m thinking of putting it back on and posting the logs before I tune my car. Just curious to what exactly it was doing, and if anything was dangerous to the life of the engine. It gave my car ?17 fusion 2.0 ?more torque down low and better throttle response but overall 1/4 mile mph were roughly the same. Just curious if anyone else is interested, or has this been done before?

That's just a peddle re programmer, makes the peddle feel touchier. There's a few different ones on the market, peddle commander is pretty popular. You can do all the same things with tuning, so no need for it. I,ve seen one that looks kinda cool though that I think would work good with tuning. Gives you the ability to switch from one mode to another on the fly from what I,ve read.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by skylinedan View Post
    That's just a peddle re programmer, makes the peddle feel touchier. There's a few different ones on the market, peddle commander is pretty popular. You can do all the same things with tuning, so no need for it. I,ve seen one that looks kinda cool though that I think would work good with tuning. Gives you the ability to switch from one mode to another on the fly from what I,ve read.
    it increases your boost down low,by fooling the map tip and throttle postion sensor, but you cant turn the dial past 50% or the engine bucks and surges, even with 100 octane. i just want to log it to see what kind of numbers it was telling the sensors and what limits it might have been hitting