Thread: Unknown Source error message trying to open .hpt

Unknown Source error message trying to open .hpt

Has anyone ever encountered an error message saying "Unknown Source" while trying to open a .hpt file?

A customer of mine was having an issue with his vehicle after he had it tuned so I asked him to send me the tune file that is on the ECM. He sent me a .hpt file but I cant open it. I get the error message in both the current suite version and beta.

unknown source error.jpg

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    are you able to post the file? If you don't want to post it publicly I recommend opening a support ticket for further assistance.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Of course. This is the file that was emailed to me.
    FA_Latest_Dyno.hpt

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Please open a support ticket in this case and we can have one of our engineers take a closer look.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I got the same Problem with two files i read from cars and not have purchased...

Quote Originally Posted by f.creek-ranch View Post
    I got the same Problem with two files i read from cars and not have purchased...
    When I had this issue, the client I was working with only read out the TCM which prevented the file from being opened via VCM Editor. Make sure Both the ECM and TCM are connected and read out.

I suggest opening a support ticket since HPT was quick to figure out the problem for me.