Thread: New Hp Tuner User.. Gen 4 Cam Tune Help Needed...

Potential Tuner

Exclamation New Hp Tuner User.. Gen 4 Cam Tune Help Needed...

I recently Purchased Hp Tuners to tune my 09 gmc sierra . it dod deleted and currently has a Comp cam part number:54-700-11 installed with texas speed long tube headers. no cats or rear o2 sensors. the trouble im having is idle tuning. i currently have the idle set around 800 rpms but the idle tends to surge constantly. can anyone on here give some input or guide me through the steps to correctly tune this truck without having cathostrophic engine fail . i have provided my tune file below and thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Do you have a log?

Tuner
    Try this.

Potential Tuner
    below i have provided what i believe is the correct log for the tune file i shared here on this forum earlier today. tomorrow i will test out your tune file and will let you know the results and thanks.

You still need to disable the rear o2 sensors, the cat test in the engine diag tab and turn off COT.

Those must be disabled if you removed those parts. It can and will throw fueling off at random if it goes into a cat/o2 sensor test.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    i tried the tune out and the truck idled better. the only problem now is that it has problems starting up when the engine is warmed up to operating temperature and when i put it in drive and give it some acceleration the engine loses power and goes into limp mode. whats the next step? i posted the log files below and thanks.

Potential Tuner
    any suggestions?

Disable the stuff I said too.

What code does it throw when it went into reduced engine power??

You will need to learn how to tune the MAF and VVE with a wideband o2 sensor to correct the airflow/fueling model for the camshaft change.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    it threw code p2135

Potential Tuner
    Hey there did u have a tune to try for a 2009 Sierra with cam and headers and o2 sensor delete I saw unposted something but could not open attachment

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonHSV View Post
    Try this.