Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 06 4l60e 13 wire e40 ecm & t42 tcm.

06 4l60e 13 wire e40 ecm & t42 tcm.

When put in drive is seems to be pulling in 3rd gear and not 1st on take off from a stop. VCM Scanner show gear selected as D4 and gear 1st.

Advanced Tuner
    Sounds like limp mode when the ECM OS and TCM OS don't align and don't play nicely with each other.

Need more info on setup, is this a factory application and do the ECM+TCM OS' align?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

No it's not a factory setup. Its a swap in a 06 Colorado the Transmission is the original 4l60e from Colorado. Transmission was rebuilt and modified for the 5.3L. Here is the setup I have now.2006 Colorado 5.3l swap e40 ecm T42 tcm.hpt

What is the TCM from?

I was told it was a 2006 Trailblazer 4l60E, but the setup that was on it was a 4l80E. So I really don't know for sure. The OS ID pulls up 5 speed GM transmissions.

I have a 2006 Envoy, and am pretty familiar with the OSes on these trucks, and your TCM is an OS ID I have never seen used with these before.

It should be 24235341, that's the most recent release, and yours is newer (higher, numerically) than that. I don't have a clue what it's actually from.

So do I need to find a tune will that tcm os and flash it or does it need to be flashed with another program other then HPTuners.

Write-entire works just fine on T42s. You'll have to license whatever file you choose to flash it with, even if you're only doing the TCM. You could almost certainly buy a used T42 pre-SPSed to the 2006 Envoy VIN in your file for less money.

This may not be anything related to your actual problem, but with an unknown TCM I don't know how you'd even begin to rule that out without flashing it to something known.

I don't mind paying for the rewrite if I knew It would fix my problem. Plus I could not locate a tune with my ECM op ID.

Thanks blindsquirrel. I take a look at it when I get off work this afternoon.

If you decide to do this make sure to write only the TCM, select Do Not Write for the ECM.

That was the plan just TCM rewrite.

There's not much difference between my file and yours blindsquirrel. You think this is the best way to start debugging this. If i use the 2 credits to write your TCM file to my setup will I be able to re-download the ECM and new TCM and use it. Or will it be another 2 credits after the TCM is flashed.

I found a FWD file (an HHR) with your old OS, so if that's what it's from, good chance that's why it doesn't work. There's way more code in there than just what you can see in the visible settings in the editor. Way more.

Well the TCM updated successfully, but I still have the same issue.

Is it starting in third, or it feels like it's starting in third but it's really second? Big difference. Defaulting to second gear is what happens when voltage is missing at pin E in the 20-way connector on the trans. Real common for the terminal to back out of the harness-side connector there, and it seems like it is only ever that pink wire/pin E that it happens to.

screenshot.14-07-2023 18.12.44.png

...and I'm assuming you made the changes to the trans tune after flashing, right? The '06 Envoy/Trailblazer originally used a 15-pin 60E.

No it seems like 3rd gear to me. I plan on pulling the wire harness tomorrow morning and checking everything.

I made these changes.
    Trans Diag> DTC>P0716 and P0717 to no error reported.
    Trans Diag>General>P0717 ISS Low to Disable. <------- I did forget this one and it has not been written to tcm.
    Trans> General> ISS Fitted to Disable.

Also i noticed this.

VCM Scanner:

PRNDL = D4 - Transmission Gear= 1st
    PRNDL = D3 - Transmission Gear= 1st
    PRNDL = D2 - Transmission Gear= 2nd
    PRNDL = D1 - Transmission Gear= 2nd