Thread: How to Tap Up/Tap Down (TUTD) (Tapshift) with 6-speed/NO BCM/NOT Corvette Tune

Tuner in Training

How to Tap Up/Tap Down (TUTD) (Tapshift) with 6-speed/NO BCM/NOT Corvette Tune

6 Speed Auto TUTD without BCM and without Corvette tune.
    This is a Microsoft Word document with very easy and clear instructions for you to enable the Tap-up/Tap-down (TUTD) function on a 6L80e or 6L90e trans, without a BCM and without using a "Corvette tune". You'll definitely have to buy parts and know how to solder, but it ain't rocket surgery. I ain't guaranteeing it works for you but it should if you pay attention and do as you're told...lol Seriously; give it a look and let me know.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sgtbilko; 11-20-2020 at 01:31 AM.

Tuner in Training
    and I'm happy to help anyone one-on-one if you can handle 90% of it on your own. Just message me and mention TUTD.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtbilko View Post
    6 Speed Auto TUTD without BCM and without Corvette tune.
    This is a Microsoft Word document with very easy and clear instructions for you to enable the Tap-up/Tap-down (TUTD) function on a 6L80e or 6L90e trans, without a BCM and without using a "Corvette tune". You'll definitely have to buy parts and know how to solder, but it ain't rocket surgery. I ain't guaranteeing it works for you but it should if you pay attention and do as you're told...lol Seriously; give it a look and let me know.
    Thanks for posting. I'll give this a try with my upcoming build.

Tuner in Training
    So i have had my TUTD working for a couple years ago, i was a partial contributor to this post, but after deciding id like a cleaner switch than my home brew option, and wanting cruise control that my oem gm stalk would control. i found OEcontrols tap'n'cruise BMC. super easy to install and very nice guys to work with, unit works perfect with GM oem TUTD shifter. wires to my 89k5 crurise control stalk for perfect control, its got stuff for ac control if you didnt already add it to your harness, and they added a high idle input for my for my OBA setup. if you are thinking of going cruise control, this is a cleaner solution than other aftermarket offerings. and not much more money.

Tuner in Training
    That's for the E38 ECM and I have E78, so it won't work for me. Sounds great for anyone with E38 and $600 to spend on it. Thanks for adding the info!

Potential Tuner
    hello any update on using version 4.10.7 to correct those tables cant seem to find them thank you