Thread: Transmission Shifting is slow and drawn out after relearn

Tuner in Training

Transmission Shifting is slow and drawn out after relearn

Before I get into this issue.
    Let me admit that I know just enough to get me in trouble.
    Tuning is rather new to me.
    I now know I should have not done what I did but I was getting frustrated and trying to learn.

I have SuperShredder. Super-Shredder is a 2016 AWD V6 Boosted Charger.
    Shredder has a dyno tune for engine and TCM tune. More TCM changes were made after dyno tuning on the street.

On last dyno trip Shredder was having issues with throttle blade not keeping up with the pedal.
    Pedal here-- Throttle blade here_. Tuner was able to get it better but it was still lagging.

But anyway I went home and it was bothering me so I was doing things to figure it out.
    I later found out the issue with the throttle was the tazer.

But while trying to figure out the issue. I went to HP tuners scanner Beta software and did a reset on adaptives and then I did a slow and fast relearn.
    Immediately after doing the relearns. My transmission started shifting terribly slow and lagging.
    Especially at WOT.

It is no longer chirping tires and snapping into gear.

I will add that when I did the slow and fast relearns they said they were completed. However the green bar graph on the page said it was only 33% complete. So I waited and waited and nothing more happened.

I am convinced doing the relearn is the reason my transmission is not shifting right But I do not know how to correct it and I need HELP!

I know I will get my balls busted for doing the relearn. I now realize that is for things like adding a convertor or changing the trans.

Advanced Tuner
    The ZF8 relearn feature in scanner has been shit lately. Reset trans adaptives again and just drive the car gently for a few days. It should adapt on it's own.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    The ZF8 relearn feature in scanner has been shit lately. Reset trans adaptives again and just drive the car gently for a few days. It should adapt on it's own.
    I managed to get it back to shifting good. Now it actually shifts fast, hard AND smooth. It is better than ever! It use to shift like just hard and slam. But now its smooth and fast. Not as much "snap". Sorry if I repeated things, it is better but kind of hard to describe the difference.

I ended up removing the tazer, I did a uconnect update. I do not know if these things helped.

But after I did those things I put my stock trans tune in and reset adaptives and did the relearn again.
    I ran that tune for like 160 miles.

Then I put my aggressive tune back in. I didnt do any resets or relearns.
    Now my trans feels better than ever. Maybe this will help someone someday. Because the trans was shifting so bad that it makes you wonder if you messed it up for good.

Now my tazer is married back up as well.

Advanced Tuner
    Generally if you make the tune more aggressive you won't notice any flare. But if you go the other way - back to stock - without resetting adaptives you'll have flare on shifts.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.