Thread: Surging cold start idle

Surging cold start idle

Hey guys, well the temps are changing and my truck has started surging on the first crank of day. after that everythings cool. ive attached a log and current setup. this is a 4.8 with a small cam 209/217. running SD only. at the end of the log you can see where I barely touch the pedal and it straightens up. is the integral too tight? should I add to the proportional? do I have too much air? is it the percent max in the effective area? its been a while since I messed with this stuff and want to get some advice before I put heat in the motor. thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here is what I would do. Under Base running airflow minimum--add 2.00 to all 200rpm thru 800rpm columns. Add 1.50 to 1000rpm column. Add 1.00 to 1200rpm column. Go to Spark--Idle adaptive spark--Overspeed and change the -14 numbers to -8. Go to Underspeed and change the 14 numbers to 7. That should tighten up the spark and smooth the airflow. Looks like it might be a little rich cranking. You can adjust cranking fuel and see if that helps. Since you are SD, your VE table needs to be spot on also.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Thanks. I did adjust cranking fuel and ivt gains( took some fuel out) today and it seemed to help.

Why the reason for the 3 bar MAP sensor? Is the data right, because when you key on the kpa went to 105kpa and it should be closer to 100 at sea level.

Is other stuff right, like injector data? I see that they are right on the edge of the computers 63.5lb/hr limit or are they larger than that??
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Oh hey 5f, I did the 3 bar just in case I want to do more later. And yeah the kpa isn't exact as of right now it should be 102.3 but close enough right. As far as the injectors I believe they're 52lb. Depending on the weather I run around 10 psi. It's taken about a year and half to get here. Self taught with the help of this site and a couple others. It's been a lot of fun but there's always room for improvement. Thanks for the input