Thread: Help BA Ford 5.4 Boss - Crow Cam rich idle

Potential Tuner

Help BA Ford 5.4 Boss - Crow Cam rich idle

Hi all, can anyone point me in the right direction. I've got no one locally who does tuning so am looking to tidy it up myself. BA Boss 5.4 that has had a Crow Cams fitted and has been tuned to the point it will start and run fine. The problem is when you start and idle its very very rich.. a few minutes in the shed and you need to get out !

Can anyone point me in the right direction to lean it a little at idle ? Tune attached, cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by TomtechNZ View Post
    Hi all, can anyone point me in the right direction. I've got no one locally who does tuning so am looking to tidy it up myself. BA Boss 5.4 that has had a Crow Cams fitted and has been tuned to the point it will start and run fine. The problem is when you start and idle its very very rich.. a few minutes in the shed and you need to get out !

Can anyone point me in the right direction to lean it a little at idle ? Tune attached, cheers
    log the maf period by creating a histogram and remove fuel based on the lt+st

i believe these are a speed density based vehicle ?

Tuner in Training
    Hey mate

It's got 1093 degrees in the CL O2 enable - are you wanting to run OL all the time? My guess is a figure that high has been put in to stop CL kicking in. If you log the car for a while before the fumes choke you out, does it remain in OL or go to a CL error mode?

Tuner in Training
    I've just compared yours to a 2003 BA and a 2004 BA GT and that temp setting for the CL enable is the same in those too. Fucked if I know sorry mate - I've only ever looked at mine (BF xr8) which has sane values (270 odd degrees I think) in there so perhaps disregard my previous comments.

Try the oz forum section and hopefully someone with BA smarts can help you.