Thread: 545 RFE Dyno enable

Tuner in Training

545 RFE Dyno enable

hi , i'm new to Chrysler Transmission but this parameter it intrigued me, can someone explayn what really do ?

thank you

Tuner in Training
    It will lock in 3rd gear (1:1), so when WOT happens it will not downshift when at low rpm/mph like it normally would, this enabling you to make a pull from say 2.5k rpm to rev limit. Otherwise, it would downshift into 2nd and spike rpm, and you'd only be able to see WOT power from 3.5k or so, on up.

Tuner in Training
    Where do you find this parameter? I'm using beta version and have looked into Main version as well and don't find it?

Banned
    It?s there, visible for all to see, if HP Tuners has it mapped for your calibration

Banned
    may not exist in your calibration. looking at where it would be located at, it's a little bit different from the newer calibrations that for sure have it. from what I see, it could possibly be enabled already.

Banned
    On the RFE backed Cummins I use different method if I want to prevent downshifts whatsoever. I just increase throttle kickdown to max value which is 135%.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, I'll try that

Banned
    Well I?m not saying that?ll work for you or if that parameter is even available in your calibration.

Banned
    On the cummins there is a parameter for throttle kickdown threshold that I?ll adjust