Thread: Aeroforce Interceptor OIL PRESS PID's

Advanced Tuner

Aeroforce Interceptor OIL PRESS PID's

OK, Maybe not an HP Tuners question, but thought I would try to get answers here

So I put in the Dual Interceptor Gauge and while seting it up there were 2 different oil pressures PIDs. I have a manual transmission on a 2014 Camaro ZL1.
    One of the PIDs said OIL PRESS, the other said OIL PRESS 2 which I never saw on my old interceptor. The OIL PRESS matches the HUD display on the car.
    While scanning both, OIL PRESS 2 runs about 5 psi lower than OIL PRESS.
    What is OIL PRESS 2?

Senior Tuner
    sometimes there is a actual sensor and some are a calculation same as the oil temp does it like that also in some LS

Advanced Tuner
    The PID's in the Gauge are derived from the OBDII and I've never seen this on the other gauge. Newer firmware I suppose allowing its view. The gauge isn't creating this reading, it's from the OBDII, I just don't know from where. That's why I said it was a manual because someone might think it was an auto trans pressure. Just weird I never saw it. Why would the OBDII use an actual AND a virtual on the CAN bus?

Senior Tuner
    there are many virtuals just like IVT and it controls alot of fueling, some cars over here that done have an oil temp sensor use the calc as a reading for a gauge on the dash from factory, might be just that that gauge reads different pids to the hpt as i do notice some extras with different names when using the ngauge also

Advanced Tuner
    i guess I'll just choose the one thast matches my HUD display pressure and forget the other. I don't have an analog to verify which is best.

I love my dual gauges now

thanks