Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gen 2 s550 shutting off when clutch is in or in neutral after a rev

gen 2 s550 shutting off when clutch is in or in neutral after a rev

Hey guys,

just asking a bit of help been fighting this problem for 2 days now and cant figured this out.
    car is a 2016 s550 5.0 mods are PMAS CAI, BOSS MANIFOLD, 47LB INJECTORS, DW 400 PUMP ON PUMP 93 DOES HAVE GHOST CAM
    PROBLEM IS car shuts off at every other stop light and at idle for say after i give it a little rev rpm comes way to far down and dies
    all im seeing is before it dies vct mode goes disable then dies
    any help and/or input is greatly appreciated here is the tune and a log still working on my maf transfer thanks,
    Attached Files Attached Files

Damn anyone?

So I’ve put the most of the tables back to stock so what it’s doing is while driving I put it into Neutral when coming to a stop, instead of going to stoich it’s going to decel, any input?

Tuner
    try increasing idle torque reserves to around 40-50 same as torque model tab under monitoring set those aswell, setting all your idle base set point (base) and minimum and maximum set points (p/n and drive setpoint and drive (ect))) to 850, maybe set borderline corrections back to stock in the spark advance tab, this is what worked for me. Also i would finish you maf transfer before doing any ghost cam stuff...

Will do thank you very much

Tuner
    also your fuel injector settings!! causing you load to be wayyy off, and you maf is reading super low for your rpm at wot, knock is being detected aswell.....
    Last edited by Cranked Automotive; 11-28-2020 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranked Automotive View Post
    also your fuel injector settings!! causing you load to be wayyy off, and you maf is reading super low for your rpm at wot, knock is being detected aswell.....
    Copied lu47 data from a roush file is it not correct for lu47

Tuner
    It showing as the same as your stock data isnt it? Causing your maf to show way lower than it should be

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduardoc22 View Post
    Copied lu47 data from a roush file is it not correct for lu47
    That is the wrong calibration and specific to the roush blower with a boostapump. Go to ford performance and use the injector data off their website

so would it be that the maf is bad?

Tuner
    No, the fuel settings are bad causing you to mis correct your maf transfer because your fuel settings have to be 100% to set your maf transfer properly.

No, the fuel settings are bad causing you to mis correct your maf transfer because your fuel settings have to be 100% to set your maf transfer properly.
    Do you have the correct fuel settings for LU47 I’ve already searched the forum and seem multiple different ones, tried using Ford data but seems the pressure settings are wrong

Tuner
    fuel data sent
    Last edited by Cranked Automotive; 11-29-2020 at 11:57 AM. Reason: problem solved

Tuner
    Input the fuel data, leave you maf how it is, set everything else back to stock except you max rpm stuff, disable cylair anticipation, disable long term fuel trims, drive the car carefully, do not go wot, you will also have to adjust your maf row axis, adjust the maf, disable close loop fueling, dial in the last 2-3% of fueling, re-enable cylair, then play with your spark, send in logs so we can review them, then you can play with ghost cams...
    Last edited by Cranked Automotive; 11-29-2020 at 11:59 AM.

Input the fuel data, leave you maf how it is, set everything else back to stock except you max rpm stuff, disable cylair anticipation, disable long term fuel trims, drive the car carefully, do not go wot, you will also have to adjust your maf row axis, adjust the maf, disable close loop fueling, dial in the last 2-3% of fueling, re-enable cylair, then play with your spark, send in logs so we can review them, then you can play with ghost cams...
    Will do thanks, I’ll get back with an update

Should I zero out maf temp compensation???

Here is the log with the corrected maf, i did get it within -3% to 3% while ltfts and the cylair anti was off, but once i turned everything back on its still jumping a bit

your injector data seems legit, it corrected my issues and its running smoother thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    My opinion on jumping afr is the Lambda fluctuation with closed loop fuelling enabled is normal, its the ecm making sure the sensors are responding and the correction timing is correct.

Your cylair anticipation is off because of your mods, im about 20 hours into my SD/VE tuning myself and once im done ill let you know how it went with my GT350 intake manifold.

Lets try getting you mapped points accurate, disable map points 0-13. Set your imrc to manual control enabled and set it to open, using the lower 13 mapped points is redundant due to your intake manifold not having imrc, and will just cause issues.

Give that a try and send another log, add some wot pulls if possible, stay safe watch you afr and knock.
    Last edited by Cranked Automotive; 11-29-2020 at 12:01 PM.

So I need to leave cylair anticipation off for good correct?

So I set Imrc to manual open and disable map points 0-13
    With clyair disabled, I’m getting OL FMEM ON FUEL SOURCE