Thread: What is an acceptable amount of Retard? Suggestions?

Tuner in Training

What is an acceptable amount of Retard? Suggestions?

Just curious what an acceptable amount of KR is. Seems everyone has different opinion on the matter. Personally I start to get worried when I see anything higher than 1-2 consistently. This is the 4th go around on my tune and still getting a considerable amount of KR....I think. I attached my logs and current tune. Mods are Long Tube, Catback, CAI.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Capture.PNG
    Attached Files Attached Files

Give it more fuel if it's happening in PE, running 13.0 might be too lean and it doesn't like it. Try 12.3-12.5 on a NA engine.

Check for vibrations/rubbing and check the motor mounts/transmission mount. If all is good you may be able to desensitize the knock sensors some.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Give it more fuel if it's happening in PE, running 13.0 might be too lean and it doesn't like it. Try 12.3-12.5 on a NA engine.

Check for vibrations/rubbing and check the motor mounts/transmission mount. If all is good you may be able to desensitize the knock sensors some.
    Now that you mention it I have noticed some vibration lately. I think it is my headers/pipes hitting frame. Have not had a chance to get under the car yet. Do you think that could cause the knock?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rkuper82 View Post
    Now that you mention it I have noticed some vibration lately. I think it is my headers/pipes hitting frame. Have not had a chance to get under the car yet. Do you think that could cause the knock?
    Yep. Any weird vibrations can cause false knock (depending on the frequency of the noise).
    2017 Camaro SS, Whipple 3.0, Mast LT Black Label heads, 112mm TB, LPE BB HPFP & LT4+52% injectors, Fore Innovations triple pumps
    1059 WHP, 944 WTQ