Thread: E67 Crate Engine ECU--High vs Low Octane?

Tuner in Training

E67 Crate Engine ECU--High vs Low Octane?

Is there a PID or some other indicator that will tell me whether the E67 ECU is referencing High or Low Octane tables (e.g., Engine/Spark/Advance/Base Spark Timing: High Octane and Low Octane tables)? Not sure if there is normally a sensor that indicates that or if it uses some other parameter(s) to determine which table to use. Any help is appreciated.

THANKS

G

Good question IDK, I've always used high octane fuel 95/93 octane and tune in the high octane spark and then subtract 4-5 degrees in the low octane spark just in case so the motor has somewhere to go if bad fuel or it senses knock

Log the knock learn factor, that will tell you what it is doing.

I know this just came up but I'm drawing a blank at the moment, it's either 1 to 0 and 0 to 1 on that computer. Whichever way it is, when it's at that 0 or 1 it will use the high octane table. Then when knock is detected it will either go up or down from that value, it will interpolate between the two tables when it's at say .50 and so on.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Log the knock learn factor, that will tell you what it is doing.

I know this just came up but I'm drawing a blank at the moment, it's either 1 to 0 and 0 to 1 on that computer. Whichever way it is, when it's at that 0 or 1 it will use the high octane table. Then when knock is detected it will either go up or down from that value, it will interpolate between the two tables when it's at say .50 and so on.
    5FDP--thanks for the info! I believe "1" indicates full reference of the Low Octane tables and "0" indicates full reference of the High Octane tables. Software engineers are funny people; you would think that the low number ("0") would indicate the Low Octane tables..... ;-)