Thread: rolling idle issue

Tuner in Training

Angry rolling idle issue

I'm having an issue where my idle jumps up after I let up off the brake.

From what I can see on the scanner its jumping up when I hit 3 MPH , I can idle along at 2MPH no problem.

I've searched around but cant really find anything specific to this problem ( I'm probably not searching the proper terms tho )

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Is there something I'm missing here to get pointed in the right direction?

Tuner in Training
    I finally found a similar thread that talked about timing dipping when he pressed the clutch in ( not what I'm seeing ) but it had some good PID lists and charts to tune timing.

So a bit of a back story of what i've done so far. mild cam install, did a bit of Maf tuning, then i did the Bigmike42 idle tuning, did some SD tuning and went back to maf tuning .

What I dont under stand is why my idle is jumping up at 3MPH, when the idle goes up the timing dips to 14 degrees. My VSS is all set to the same values as my other idle target RPM's. The actual target RPM is not changing so I'm not sure why the actual idle is coming up so high.

any help is appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    halve the gear min airflow values as a test or make them all the same as your neutral row see what it does, looks like throttle body is opening and timing is being removed pegging it at 15 deg less the 15 from your adaptive spark overspeed from main spark 30 deg

Tuner in Training
    I think thats it. I didn't fully understand how the Min airflow table works.

It was jumping up the idle when I roll down a hill in neutral. You don't know till you know haha.

I'm going to go give it a try with the second table. see how it reacts. Thanks for the help!

Tuner in Training
    Well that didn't change anything...

Senior Tuner
    try enabling adaptive airflow corrections set to 50 or 100 as its maxed out at the moment, also populate the coastdown rows in integral, halve the integral airflow limits, add dynamic airflow to scanner and adaptive spark adv

Tuner in Training
    took a while but I tried that and had the same results.

I ended up redoing all the Bigmike42's idle tuning. Its working much better now, I still feel a small jump but nothing like it was. I probably missed a step when I did it the first time. But its weird it didn't show up till I started to tune the maf.

I think the idle is a lot better than the first time, decided to bump the Timing down to 18* and brought the idle down so its not pushing on the converter ( stock stall )

new idle.hpl2020-12-04 idle tuning.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the help 07GTS !