Thread: Power Enrichment Issues

Power Enrichment Issues

I've been chasing some part throttle knock that I haven't been able to get rid of, and I finally saw what is going on in my last log. VCM scanner decided to crash when I tried saving it But the same problem is still in my last log file that I'm posting. At 2:04 into the log, smoothly rolling into the throttle, power enrichment stays off even when up into the 90kpa range for a short time. In the log that deleted, the issue was even worse and stayed out of power enrichment from 3000-5000 rpm with 75% throttle at .88 cylinder airmass and 90kpa for the full sweep causing a steady 3* KR. I just recently got HPTuners and am still confused on the Power Enrichment enable parameters on the Gen 4 stuff. If anyone can explain what tables need to be changed to enable PE sooner, or at a specific MAP kpa, I would greatly appreciate it. Looking at how my local dyno shop left most of these tables stock, I just can't wrap my head around what actually causes PE to enable. I never get measurable knock at WOT bc PE actually enables, I need to figure this issue out before moving on to dialing in my VVE table (as the dyno shop barely touched it).

Cam Specs:
    235/248 111lsa 109.5icl at .050"

Custom timing map pt 3.hplPower enrichment coming in late.hpt

Lower map KPA threshold...

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

I figured it was that simple, yet the map threshold is currently set to 15 kpa. Something else has to be overriding the MAP threshold.

I see how it is setup now. PE is set to enable when TPS is above 30%. What specific PID is this referring to so I can add it in my scanner? I may just drop the TPS down and enable PE by MAP instead...
    Last edited by Nick912; 11-23-2020 at 06:20 PM.

Senior Tuner
    there should be a PE TPS pid or if not bout the PE 10% is bout 40% actual TPS once u adjust it and log for it u will see where is kicks in

Advanced Tuner
    on my 14 ctsv i just have "5" across the board for the throttle threshold and use the map kpa trigger instead. Have mine set to go into PE at 100 kpa. With having a roots blower very little throttle change can result in a very large increase in MAP...especially in higher gears.