Thread: built 02 5.3 help getting to idle.

Potential Tuner

built 02 5.3 help getting to idle.

Ive read through forums about adjusting idle. but im having a hard time just getting it started on an engine stand to pull data.
    The engine is a lm7 5.3 drive by cable, stock intake, bored .20 over. mild turbo cam, 10:1 compression, turbo headers, 80lb siemens injectors. currently have fitech 255lph pump., it appears to be running rich. Do i need to adjust fuel or air maybe both. or missing something bigger. any help to get me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

11232020 iac1.hpl Eagle Russk idle tune.hpt

Why is the MAP sensor stuck at 10kpa?

Is it a stock MAP sensor still? Did you address the P0107 MAP code you are getting?

I would re-poll for supported parameters and see if the channels starts working again.

You are also trying to run this thing on stock injectors data, the computer thinks it has stock 25lb/hr injectors in it. You must find the injector data and fix it. You will need the injector flow rate, min injector pulse, short pulse adder and offset vs volts data.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    yes stock map sensor but with a stand alone harness. the code wasn't there previously. I'll check the connections and wiring. same issues with stock injectors so I installed the new ones. thanks for the help i'll dig back in the forums.

Update the injector data for the 80's and unplug the o2 sensors if running on a test stand. You likely don't have several feet of exhaust pipe to not make the o2 sensor freak out.

See what's up with the MAP code.

Disable the other two vehicle theft codes too, P1626 and P1631.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Okay I?ll unplug them. I?m running about 2 ft on both sides. Will do, Thanks for the help.