Thread: 2007 LT Tahoe Starts & shutsoff

Tuner in Training

Post 2007 LT Tahoe Starts & shutsoff

I did a DOD delete with a stock GM cam. Car started fine before I uploaded the tune. Only thing I changed was turning off DOD and MIL on the Cylinders that AFM operated under. Now I'm having an issue where the truck starts up and then dies right away. I don't know what's going on but I need some help. This my first time with HPtuner.

What cam?

Is it still a single bolt cam?

Is your security light on?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Yes still a single bolt. As far as security light I do believe it came on a few times.

Tuner in Training
    I will upload the file later on tonight to show what I have.

Either do a security relearn if the light was coming on or disable it in the OS tab and do a write entire. VATS removal requires a write entire on that computer.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I checked the VATS and also did a relearn and it's still doing the same thing

Can't really help more without a tune and logs of it happening.

If VATS is off, it should start unless something else with a sensor or the tune is set wrong.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Can't really help more without a tune and logs of it happening.

If VATS is off, it should start unless something else with a sensor or the tune is set wrong.
    Here's the file that I promised.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Files says tuner locked.

Did you disable the VATS??

Tuner in Training
    Yes, I have tried everything that you stated. I can give you remote access to my laptop Friday if you like where you can view the files

If all you did was install a new one bolt camshaft, new regular lifters/trays/pushrods, non DoD valley plate and turned off the AFM/DoD it should start and run like normal. Not much can be screwed up there.

It's VATS is not a problem and you have not codes like P0605/606 for PCM fault codes it should start.

I don't need to remote access your computer. Post logs of the problem here, it's how we can see what is happening.

Tuner in Training
    OK, I will see if I can grab some other codes tomorrow or friday to give you. I did have an issue where my aultel wasn't able to connect to the truck without me entering VIN. But if I used another tool like USBLINK for PC it works fine on detecting data. Again things was fine until I plugged the HPTuner into car.

Tuner in Training

here's the unlocked file

I have unlocked the file I apologize

I see the mistake you made.

You flashed the computer with the 2 bar OS upgrade under the OS tab. You should not have done that.

Flash back to your stock tune with a write entire and just disable the DoD and codes with a write calibration only.

Tuner in Training
    Here's my stock file. Is it ok because I did flash it back and it didn't work.

Did you "write entire"??

That must be done and not the calibration write that takes 30 seconds to do.

If that doesn't work I have no other way to help you. The tune in post #13 would never work because it changes the MAP sensor data to a 2 bar sensor and creates 3 new VE tables under the airflow tab that are completely blank. Without data in those it will not start.

The stock tune flashed back in, then along with the DoD stuff set to disable would work.

Tuner in Training
    I have copied a table from another stock file.

What?

Tuner in Training
    Got it going Thanks