Thread: LS3 E38 and 6L80E T43 compatibility

Tuner in Training

LS3 E38 and 6L80E T43 compatibility

I am working on a 70 C10 with LS3 6L80 swap.
    It starts and runs but the transmission shifts very hard to 2nd and when it shift to 3rd seems like it's going back to 1st. Also when scanning the indicated gear changes ahead of the actual by at least 15 seconds or longer.
    The only transmission related DTC current is P0712 - Transmission fluid temp sensor A circuit low. I see on scans the trans temperature flickers to -40F then back to normal.
    In the E38 programming I did change the selection for transmission type from manual to auto. Also I input the correct gear ratio, tire size, and revised the shift tables. This did not make any noticeable difference in how it shifts.

I have searched and found a few threads about this but I am looking for more information and confirmation of next steps.

The LS3 & E38 is from a 2011 Camaro that had a TR6060 trans.
    The 6L80E is from a 2008 G8. See attacheed for E38 and T43 OS and spec numbers.

1. From what I have read the this E38 is not compatible with the T43. Correct?

2. Can this E38 be programmed or written with an OS that will work with this T43?

3. Or do I need to get a different E38 to work with the T43?
    Attached Images Attached Images