Thread: DOD Disable Questions

Tuner in Training

DOD Disable Questions

Hey yall,

On my 2014 chevy silverado I have had displacement on demand disabled and the truck runs ok. Is it possible for the displacement on demand to activate the lifters and collapse them even though the dod activation holes are not plugged?

Do I need the full dod delete kit to tune with dod disabled?

2014 chevy silverado 5.3, l83, l86 intake and throttlebody, specter 4"cold air with k&n filter, jet performance mas, Texas speed long tubes, and y pipe cat delete, flowmaster super 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper0001 View Post
    Hey yall,

On my 2014 chevy silverado I have had displacement on demand disabled and the truck runs ok. Is it possible for the displacement on demand to activate the lifters and collapse them even though the dod activation holes are not plugged?

Do I need the full dod delete kit to tune with dod disabled?

2014 chevy silverado 5.3, l83, l86 intake and throttlebody, specter 4"cold air with k&n filter, jet performance mas, Texas speed long tubes, and y pipe cat delete, flowmaster super 10.
    Lots of people disable the DOD via HPT with no other mods. And no it had better not activate if you have it tuned out. Also,Its better for your valvetrain. If warranty is not an issue, the next step would to be getting rid of it all together. With your current mods you are still okay.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Tuner in Training
    Ok the next step is cam and lifters with dual springs